12 July 2011

Favorite Couples Week: #3

Couple #3: Claire Randall and Jamie Fraser.


I cannot even really begin to explain how much I love them. Jamie really. He just seems so perfect and dedicated to Claire, or should I say, his Sassenach. I have to admit though, I'm not really a fan of Claire, and not just because she travelled back in time and fell in love with a handsome highlander that I daresay any woman in her right mind would leave her husband for, a highlander I would give my right arm for, it was just something about her I can't exactly put my finger on. Her personality I guess. She just wasn't all that an appealing heroine to me. I didn't hate her though, I can't imagine anyone else but her with Jamie, because she definitely had what it took to suit him, maybe it was just the author's writing..I don't know.

Anyway, they had so many...obstacles to overcome, especially who she was and where she really came from. I felt so afraid for Jamie when he pulled her back and he knew then that what she had told him was real. It would have been so heartbreaking for him to lose her at that moment. They definitely get my vote for one of the strongest and bravest couples I've ever read. Not to mention one of the most touching heroes I've ever come across.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seen that book on the used rack at one of my favorite shops over the weekend. It was only two dollars and I know that everyone raves about it, but I still somehow resisted. I think it was because I was already getting a bunch of books in there yet I'm sure I'll give in at some point.