11 September 2008

Library Pick-ups.

I picked these up from the library today:

From top to bottom:

  1. Poison Pen by Sheila Lowe: The first Forensic Handwriting mystery book in her Claudia Rose Series. I wanted to read this one first, before I went and read Written in Blood, so I'd be more familiar with the character.
  2. Baby Shark by Robert Fate: Book one in his Baby Shark (Series? There are three books in all). I got an e-mail about the third book, Baby Shark's High Plains Redemption, and replied back to it requesting a copy because it interested me, I haven't gotten it yet so I don't know if I ever will or not, but I still would like to read this character and her story so I am starting out with the first book, naturally.
  3. Me of Little Faith by Lewis Black: I love this man and his work. He is one of my favorite comedians. I rather liked his first book so I hope I'll like this one too; it is made up of his views and experiences on/with religion.
  4. Inkspell by Cornelia Funke: I can barely wait to get to this book. I am dying to know what happens with all the characters and somewhat loose endings from Inkheart.

I'm almost finished reading The Charm School, which is pretty good so far. I love the characters and that's always important for me in my reading. Also I'm still (slowly) reading the Jesse James book. It's not a bad book, it's just non-fiction. I am not a non-fiction type of girl. (This is only my second non-fiction read of the year.) I'd rather be running off to lands far away from my front door and world's I wish existed than be reading non-fiction. But well, I love Jesse James so it's worth it to venture out of my reading comfort zone. Anyhoo, hopefully I can finish these two books by Monday so I can get to the books I picked up today. :)

Also I read 3 Beatrix Potter tales last night, and I am so glad I did. Her stories always put me in a good mood. :)

No comments: