09 September 2008

The Diplomat's Wife.

Last night, I finished Pam Jenoff's The Diplomat's Wife, and I was completely blown away. I think this was the perfect follow-up book, and I have definitely found myself a new favorite author.

I must admit though, at first I found myself unsure about whether or not I liked this book, but as I got further in, and was carried off and quite surprised by all the twists as it goes on, I ended up loving it.

I don't want to give too much away, so I will give the back cover description, and I will say, that if you read and enjoyed The Kommandant's Girl, then you will surely love this one, as well.

From the back cover:

"1945. Surviving the brutality of a Nazi prison camp, Marta Nederman is lucky to have escaped with her life. Recovering from the horror, she meets Paul, an American soldier who gives her hope of a happier future. But their plans to meet in London are dashed when Paul's plane crashes.
Devastated and pregnant, Marta marries Simon, a caring British diplomat, and glimpses the joy that home and family can bring. But her happiness is threatened when she learns of a Communist spy in British Intelligence, and that one person who can expose the traitor is connected to her past."

No comments: