26 March 2008

Elephant Winter.

I haven't much to say about this book, but it was indeed quite easy reading and a very lovely read as well. Very touching. I loved the elephants. I've had a somewhat big fascination with them, I found the Elephant Dictionary very interesting - I'd like to read more on that sort of thing. I did find it hard to see that Jo seemed to leave his beloved animals so easily, but I was also glad that Sophie did not make that choice, perhaps it was really for the best after what happened with Lear. They did have a strange relationship, after all.

Kim Echlin was another new-to-me author, and once again I find myself glad to have ventured out of my reading "comfort zone."

Next I am on to reading The Phoenix of the Opera, in which I am highly looking forward to unfolding. :)

No comments: