28 March 2008

Phoenix Thoughts.

I've been reading The Phoenix of the Opera for a couple of days now, and I'm not quite sure what I think of it yet. But, it is quite interesting to read. I think this author has an interesting style going for her writing.

This is a book where you have to pay attention to the narrative as you go along, but it isn't too annoying. It changes somewhat often but still moves along in it's own way, which I think I rather like. She has these paragraphs, that are just like a train of thought with virtually no punctuation, which intrigues me most about the writing style. I've never encountered anything like it before. It's a little hard to depict a break where a period or comma might be, but I don't mind that too much. It just makes me absorb more of what is being thought by the character and who the character really is.

I really can't wait to get further into this story, and see how everything turns out in the series as a whole. :)

No comments: