07 May 2012

Musing Monday.

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

This week's musing asks: If you were going to write a book, what would you write about? Would it be fiction, or nonfiction?

Well, I've already written a book actually. When I was seventeen. And it's horrible. Truly. I'm not being modest in the least. It will never see the light of day. It's mostly full-on teenage fangirl squeeing with some sort of plot in there somehow. I don't even know how I managed it, or well, if it should really be even be called a book. But it is book-length.
Most people don't know this about me but I used to write every single day from the time I was fifteen to eighteen. I've written a lot of poetry and a few short stories. I still want to try to write a book again someday. I've got lots of ideas floating around in my head, but that's it. They're still just ideas. I suppose I should write them down on paper, but honestly I don't think I will ever forget the ideas because they've lived in there for so long, slowly growing. I don't know why I don't write them out. Maybe I will soon. That's pretty much why I got my "inkheart" tattoo. I've still got words flowing around in me.
And of course, it would be fiction if I ever wrote a book. Out of over the one-thousand books on my reading list (eep!) only fifty-five are non-fiction. So yeah. Definitely fiction for me, because I am a big fiction lover. One of my ideas is a regency vampire fiction. Only I'd do it in comic book form. Another idea would take place in WWII. Another involves a mermaid. I've got more but that's all I care to mention right now, as those have gotten the most depth in my thoughts.

2 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

You have such interesting ideas. I'm definitely a reader, not a writer.

wcs53 said...

Great answer. Even if your first book never makes the light of day it is still an accomplishment to have written it. My writing is mostly for myself and is therapeutic for me. My answer:
http://wcs53.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/musing-mondays-may-7/