26 January 2011

Highland Knight. (Short Review.)

Author: Cindy Miles
Genre: Paranormal Romance.
Source: Library Book.
Rating: 3 out of 5.

Synopsis (from Goodreads.com):
Bestselling mystery novelist Amelia Landry journeys to the Scottish Highlands to stay in a remote 14th-century tower, hoping to re-awaken her imagination. She finds the inspiration she seeks in the ghostly form of Laird Ethan Munro—who has spent six centuries trying to discover why he is neither alive nor dead.
Ethan senses that Amelia may be the one he has been waiting for. Only she can uncover the truth behind the curse and free his heart...

Review:
I was really looking forward to this book after finally getting to it on my reading list, and even though it fell a little flat for me, I liked it. I even plan to read more books by this author.
The reason it fell flat for me was the heroine. I could never imagine disliking a romance heroine and continuing on with the story, but I did it. Amelia was...annoying at first. She did grow on me a bit though, but overall I found her to be too squeaky. The story itself was fun and bubbly - a nice easy and comfortable read. I loved "the guys," but I also had a hard time connecting with them as well, until I found out what had happened to them - it was, well, heartbreaking. I felt so bad for Amelia, not being able to get anyone's attention as she sees what is happening and feeling completely helpless. Then when she went back, there was nothing left. I totally felt her devastation.
So even though the characters were a little disappointing, the story here was worth it - and I am so glad I stuck with it.

No comments: