I went through my shelves and my closet last night and I found about 25 books I want to swap/& honestly just plain get rid of, here they are (links go to the editions/covers I have):
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy boxed set. - (Mass Market Paperbacks) These are pretty much in very new condition considering I never read them. They have sat there on my bookshelf for a very long time. I bought them off of ebay because I was interested in collecting as many of Tolkien's books as I could at the time. However, I have since gotten one volume of all three books and I have two different copies of The Hobbit, so I don't need these anymore.
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. - I bought this at a library sale. It's hardcover and there was no dust-jacket when I got it so it's obviously not there now. It looks a bit scruffed up on the outside but the pages and binding are in great shape.
- The Klone and I by Danielle Steel - Mass Market Paperback, bought from the library. It has spine creases and the edges look worn, but once again the binding and pages are in great shape.
- The Lockhart Family Trilogy by Julia London: Highlander Unbound, Highlander in Disguise, & Highlander in Love. (All Mass Market Paperbacks.) Bought early in my never ending love affair with Scotland and Highlanders. :p Anyhoo, Highlander Unbound looks like it suffered the most in my closet, the cover edges look worn in spots, and the back cover's bottom opening edge is starting to come up a little bit. Highlander in Disguise suffered the wrath of my brother's cat and you can his teeth marks for nine pages at the bottom of the page in the very beginning of the book + the cover. Other than the traces of a crazed cat, it's good (& my favorite out of the trilogy, btw). Highlander in Love is in pretty good shape except for a small tear at the top of the left front cover.
- The Desperate Debutantes Trilogy by Julia London: The Hazards of Hunting a Duke, The Perils of Pursuing A Prince, & The Dangers of Deceiving a Viscount. (All Mass Market Paperbacks.) All in pretty good shape except for Dangers/Viscount, which got a little wear on the spine and it looks like some scratches on the bottom, but it doesn't show on the pages themselves, just the very bottom of them.
- The Godfather by Mario Puzo. (Mass Market Paperbacks.) I don't know how long I've had this book but it has been quite a while, and it shows. There is noticeable spine wear and cover wear.
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. (Barnes & Noble Classics series - Mass Market Paperback.) Good condition except for some spine wear.
- Written in Blood: A Forensic Handwriting Mystery by Sheila Lowe. (Mass Market Paperback.) I believe this is book two in The Forensic Handwriting mysteries. Like new and I still have the personally autographed sticker-card that came with it. (Unstuck to the book of course.) It reads: "Compliments of Shelia Lowe."
- Darkness Brings the Dawn: Erik's Story by by Jodi Leisure Minton. (Tradesize Paperback.) This is a Phantom of the Opera continuation, and I'm going to be honest about this one: I truly hated it. It is one of the worst books I have ever read period. That's why this one isn't a swap, if you want to take a chance on it, you can just have it. It is in excellent shape.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. (Barnes & Noble classics series - Tradesize Paperback.) Like new, read this one once and managed not to crease the spine at all.
- The Fables of Aesop. (Hardcover.) Brand new looking, have had it for way too long. But somewhere among the years I lost the dust-jacket.
- Bombshell by Lynda Curnyn. (Tradesize Paperback.) Another case of sitting on my shelves I've lost interest in the story. Like new.
- Cranberry Queen by Kathleen DeMarco. (Tradesize Paperback.) Same as above, except it got some cover wear in my closet.
- Baby Shark's High Plains Redemption by Robert Fate. (Tradesize Paperback.) I think this is the second book in the Baby Shark series. I just couldn't get into it and it's like new.
- Bittersweet By Danielle Steel. (Mass Market Paperback.) I got this at a used book sale. I took the sticker off a long time ago but you can still see where it was -minus the stickyness though. And I don't know, it sort of...bends in on e direction,lol. Not folded or anything like that, just, bends. Oh, and there is one (ugly) K-Mart price sticker on the back from the previous owner, looks like they tried to take it off but it didn't work out, so most of it is still there. There's no spine creasing or bent/damaged pages though.
- Passion's Promise by Danielle Steel. (Hardcover - still has dust jacket.) I know the link goes to the paperback edition, I couldn't find my edition. Just minus the ugly yellow and Her name is in black at the top, then the bridge in gold, and the title at the bottom in white. Like new.
- Tempt Me Twice by Barbara Dawson Smith. (Hardcover - still has dust jacket.) Like new, but dust jacket is a bit rumpled looking in front bottom corner.
Whew, that's it!