20 May 2009

Waiting on Wednesday.

(My first Waiting on Wednesday!) :)

I am waiting on The Girl from Junchow, by Kate Furnivall. Due out June 2nd.


From B&N.com: China, 1929. For years Lydia Ivanova believed her father was killed by the Bolsheviks. But when she learns he is imprisoned in Stalin-controlled Russia, the fiery girl is willing to leave everything behind— even her Chinese lover, Chang An Lo.
Lydia begins a dangerous search, journeying to Moscow with her half-brother Alexei. But when Alexei abruptly disappears, Lydia is left alone, penniless in Soviet Russia.
All seems lost, but Chang An Lo has not forgotten Lydia. He knows things about her father that she does not. And while he races to protect her, she is prepared to risk treacherous consequences to discover the truth.


Even though I wasn't too fond of the first book, The Russian Concubine, I can't wait to find out what the heck happens to Lydia and Chang An Lo. I just have to know!

2 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

It sounds good. I hope it's a good sequel!

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

Sounds like an exiting book, I haven't read the first book but I just might read it :)