12 March 2009

Booking Through Thursday.

This week's BTT asks:

What book do you think should be made into a movie? And do you have any suggestions for the producers?
Or, What book do you think should NEVER be made into a movie?

Well, there are lots of books I would love to see as movies, including many a romance novel into those "tv mini-series" things, that, would be awesome. But the top book right now is J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit. Which I heard is actually being made into a movie, and I am mega-excited about that because it's one of my favorite books. Another I would like to see as a movie is a phantom novel; Shirley Yoshinaka's Deception: A Phantom of the Opera Novel. That is one of my favorite phantom reads. I love it. I've read it twice already and plan to read it again this year.
As for a book I think should never be made into a movie, well, I don't know...I guess I would have to answer this question a little differently than what might be expected, I think Inkheart should never have been made into the movie that it was. Frankly, it stunk. I hated it and was severely disappointed. I just can't understand why they made it that way. It was ruined. But then, I don't know why I expected so much from it, because usually movie versions of books never fully deliver, for me at least.

2 comments:

Nise' said...

I going to check that book out.

Blodeuedd said...

Yes give us the Hobbitt!
:)