21 October 2008

Teaser Tuesday.


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

I have two teasers for today. :) #1; From Frederica by Georgette Heyer, page 198:

"The coachman was able to swing his horses away, and Jessamy to scramble to his feet, bruised, cut, and considerably shaken, but with no bones broken. A little dazed, and deeply humiliated, he found himself faced with a scene apalling enough to have daunted any sixteen-year-old stiffly courageous than himself."
From Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, page 266 (more than two lines, I couldn't help it!):

"Yes," he agreed slowly. "That is something to be afraid of, indeed. Wanting to be with me. That's really not in your best interest."

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Great teasers! I love Georgette Heyer books (grew up reading them), and I've heard great things about Twilight!

Here is my teaser: http://wendisbookcorner.blogspot.com/2008/10/teaser-tuesday-19th-wife-by-david.html

:) Wendi

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I tell you... the more "teasers" I read from "Twilight", the more I want to read it all over again! LOL. ((shakes head))

MizB