05 August 2008

Teaser Tuesday

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!
Then, head over to ShouldBeReading and leave a comment with your answers (if you don’t have a blog), or with a link to where your TEASER TUESDAYS post can be found!

My Teaser from Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley (page 77):

"Before, I had only imagined the wretchedness of my desolated home; the reality
came on me as a new, and a not less terrible, disaster. I tried to calm Ernest;
I inquired more minutely concerning my father and her I named my cousin."

1 comment:

Jan in Edmonds said...

I love classics and this one was wonderful, especially when listening on CD to it in the middle of a sleepless night!

thanks for sharing!