14 August 2008

Inkheart.

Once again, I have come across a book in which I do not even know how to begin to describe how much I loved it. Loved it.

Inkheart, by Cornelia Funke is definitely a must read recommendation. If you are a true book lover at heart you may find yourself wanting to jump right into the book with Meggie and her father, Mo - wishing you had the same gifts that they do, even for just a one time use. I know I wished that many times while reading this enchanting book. & Now I can barely wait until the movie comes out (I heard) in January next year. I just hope they don't make too many changes to the story.

Now, in Inkheart (the first in a trilogy; followed by Inkspell & Inkdeath) Meggie learns that her father Mo, is a very gifted reader. When she first sees Dustfinger out of her bedroom window, she has no idea who he is or even where he came from in such an amazing way due to her father. After mysterious Dustfinger enters the story, we find the three characters on their way to the home of Meggie's Great Aunt Elinor, to try to escape from the path of a horrifying man and his band of equally scary men who are in search of a book that Mo has in his possession and refuses to give up to them for as long as he can. Thus begins Meggie's and her father's forever life altering adventure.

That is all I shall say because I fear I may write a spoiler. :p

1 comment:

Jena said...

I've had this on my shelf since before I quit teaching and for some reason it's stayed there. Currently reading Here There Be Dragons by James A. Owen, which sounds like it's in a very similar vein.