12 January 2008

A Study in Scarlet.

I thought the first half of this book was good, but the second half that explains the murder was even better. It was saddening and heartwarming at the same time that he kept up for so long and never gave up on his own brand of justice, which I rather liked. I'm also glad I didn't have to see him go to jail because his illness got him first. Very good beginning story for Sherlock Holmes.

Next I will read Maeve Binchy's Tara Road. I've had it for a while and I am now dying to get to it. I bought it from the library last year and it has since been sitting on my shelf. It's been calling to me. I'll probably start reading it tonight.

Today I bought Wuthering Heights. I found it in an old shop for five dollars. So I simply could not pass it up. It's an older edition, I believe it was printed in 1983 from Reader's Digest. It's a lovely shade of blue with gold lettering. It even had a little book description insert inside from Reader's digest. This one also has illustrations which are quite lovely.

No comments: