25 January 2008

Quotes.

So here begins my quote post of all my favorite book quotes from this year. Yay. :p

"You want to love a pirate?" He tapped his chest. "This is what a pirate is. I do what I please and I obey my own laws. I will not allow anyone to touch those under my protection, and I will cut down any enemy who tries." - Grayson Finley, from Jennifer Ashley's The Pirate Next Door.

"A strange, disturbing boy, and yet the more I saw of him the more strongly drawn I felt toward him, the more convinced of our mutual need of one another." - Giovanni, from Susan Kay's Phantom.

"The air was soft and dead, as if all the world were slowly dying." - from Lady Chatterley's Lover, by D.H. Lawrence.

"Ravished! How ravished one could be without ever being touched. Ravished by dead words become obscene, and dead ideas become obsessions." - From Lady Chatterley's Lover, by D.H. Lawrence.

"But he would protect her with his heart for a little while. For a little while, before the insentient iron world and the Mammon of mechanized greed did them both in, her as well as him." - From Lady Chatterley's Lover, by D.H. Lawrence.

"Eve led Zoe by the hand down the hall. Denny followed them. I stayed where I was. I wasn't going near that room where the dancing sex-freak zebra had been. I didn't want to see it." - From The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein.

No comments: