22 October 2011

The Baby Trail. (Short Review)

Author: Sinead Moriarty.
Genre: Women's Fiction.
Source: Library Book.
Rating: 4 out of 5.
Book one of three.

Synopsis from Goodreads.com:
Makeup artist Emma Hamilton is thirty-three when she and her husband James decide it's time to start a family. She has it all mapped out: Go off the pill in December, have sex, get pregnant by January, have the baby in September. With the help of a personal trainer, she figures she'll be back to her fighting weight in time for Christmas. But when three months of candle-scented sex fails to produce the desired result, Emma decides that maybe Mother Nature needs a helping hand.

My Review:
This was a fun little read. I loved Emma and all of her friends and family, and I cannot wait to see how things go for Emma and her friends in the next books. I must admit, I had a little trouble getting into it at first, but once I did, I really enjoyed it's light-heartedness on what can sometimes turn out to be a serious and perhaps heavy subject for some. Emma's comical goings-on on her tough road ahead were not very relatable for me since I'm not anywhere near her situation, but I really felt for her and the tough time she began to have with trying to get pregnant. While I wasn't fully relating to her situation, I really did manage to like Emma and everyone in her life, because I felt at one point or another, I had either known, met, or heard about someone like them all. And I think that made it an easier read for me.



No comments: