19 October 2008

Ugly Day.

Well, I didn't do the read-a-thon after all. I knew I wouldn't when I woke up in the middle of the night sweating and wanting to throw-up because (oh yay) my *woman's troubles* decided to show up. I ended up sleeping in and then being woken up by my mom because we had to go to the laundromat. While walking out to the van to put our clothes in there and drive off, my favorite pair of sunglasses broke. They were hanging out of my pocket, and apparently the basket leaning against them made the whatcha'-call-it part that rests on your ears to friggin' help hold them on your head, went through the lens and popped it out and cracked the frame. So now it has to be glued (not seeing a bright forecast for this), or, I get another pair. I loved those sunglasses. :( They were perfect. When we got home, one thing led to another and became a busy day.

I hope I have better luck with the next read-a-thon, because I definitely plan on signing up again, and holing myself in my room with a big stack of books that I hope to get through, and just stay in the literary world until I get hungry and possibly need a shower.

I hope everyone else had a great-read-a-thon! :)

Also, I had my own challenge catch-up idea. I just feel like I should have read more books lately, my read count should be higher, but it's not where I wish it was, so I'm going to start using my time more wisely, watch way-less (daytime) TV (too many distractions at night: dinner, family, quick house-tidy before people get home, etc.), spend way less time on-line - a few minutes quickly turns into it's blah o'clock already? So yeah, I need to discipline myself more. Then, hopefully, my read count should climb, & I can visit the library more often. :p

Last night wasn't a total waste though. After I took a shower, I went into my room at about ten o'clock armed with a king-size snickers bar and a bottle of water and disappeared, and I read more of Inkspell. I am loving that story. I'm a little worried about Inkdeath though because it's already in transit to my library, and it's always been good for me to take a break during a series/trilogy. I hope don't get tired of the characters, but I don't really think I will because, I still have two other library books to read on my nightstand. (Frederica by Georgette Heyer, and Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.)

So, that's it for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the site,

Inheart fan as well