27 October 2008

Highland...Faeries?

First, a Twilight note: while I still don't hate it, I'm not interested enough to keep reading, due to the alarming number of holds on it at the library (over 500!), and the fact that I haven't even touched Inkdeath (18 other library holds, which means I cannot renew it so I must start reading it now, because there is no way I am rushing through the last book, or waiting through 18 other people to finish reading it before I can. No. Way.) I decided I can live with not knowing what happens until the movie comes out. Honestly, I'll probably wait to get the movie from the library, and yes I do realize how long that will be. I'm just not thrilled enough about it. - Speaking of being thrilled over a movie, Guy Ritchie's newest one: RocknRolla starts playing on Friday, I am so there. Gerard Butler and a Guy Ritchie film = Yayness.

Now, on to the Highland Faeries part; I found a book yesterday at the grocery store (gotta love those supermarket romances!) titled, "Highland Guardian." I read the back cover description and it intrigued me, so I filed the title in my head and when I got home I looked it up online. It is the second book of a series by Melissa Mayhue: Daughters of the Glen. The books in order:
  • Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband: (from amazon.com) Caitlyn Coryell is having a really bad day -- she just discovered her fiancĂ© with another woman! Imagine her surprise when she puts on some sexy lingerie and an antique pendant and Connor appears in her bedroom, begging for her help. He offers a simple yet outrageous adventure: travel to his time, marry him, and return home.
  • Highland Guardian: (from amazon.com) Ian McCullough is neck-deep in his own trouble. A half-mortal descendant of Faeries, he's been a Guardian for more than six hundred years, but he's never encountered a woman like Sarah. Assigned to protect her, he finds the job tougher than he could have imagined. Oh, he can handle the stalker, and even the renegade Faeries trying to kidnap her. But falling in love means forsaking his role as Guardian -- which is some-thing he could never do.
  • Soul of A Highlander: (from amazon.com) Nine years ago, Faerie Magic saved Mairi MacKiernan at the cost of her dreams of happiness, snatching her from her life in 1272, and depositing her in the twenty-first century. Now, she must save the last Daughter of the MacKiernan family...who was murdered in 1295. Transported back in time at her request, Mairi finds herself captured by the same evil men as before! Is this the price the Faerie Magic requires of her this time?
  • A Highlander of Her Own: (According to amazon.com,this title is set for release: Jan. 27, 2009.) From the author's website: Ellie Denton’s world has spiraled out of control. A strange new birthmark, animals talking to her, and her mother’s ex-husband laying claim to the family ranch have her thinking life can’t get more complicated. But Ellie doesn’t know the birthmark’s connection to her Faerie ancestors. Complicated takes on a whole new meaning with her innocent wish to find her true love.

Normally I'm not a time travel kind of girl, but the Highlanders and Scotland settings have me extremely interested in this series. :)

No comments: