20 August 2008

Serving Crazy with Curry.

In this book; Serving Crazy with Curry by Amulya Malladi, we meet Devi and her...dysfunctional family. Devi is harboring many secrets which lead to her almost suicide. I say almost, because she is saved (found) by her mother just in time. After she gets out of the hospital she stops talking and starts cooking. Each family member's story begins to unfold as we see Devi cooking up a storm and take those important steps towards recovery.

I was not wowed by this book, though I didn't hate it either. About half-way through I realized, "Hey, this is pretty much chick-lit!" I try not to read chick-lit as a general rule of my reading habits. Not to just blatantly run over it, but I hate all the "fluff" feeling of it. But, Devi and her family was lovable enough to keep reading, because I wanted to know what was going to happen to them, and by the end, I was glad I had stuck with it.

No comments: