09 August 2008

Library books.

This weeks library books, which I picked up today:


First, I went over to pick my hold off of the shelf. Ever since I found out Inkheart was also a book, and not just a coming up movie with two of my favorite actors in it - Brendan Fraser and Andy Serkis; I have been dying to read it. It finally came in yesterday and was ready for pick-up today. So yay. I am in love with the cover already and cannot wait to start on it (probably) later tonight.


Jesse James: the Man and the Myth is a biography read that has long been on my TBR list. It is about time I have gotten to it, before the interest-flame for Jesse James dies out in my brain completely. I don't exactly remember how I became so interested in this man, I think it started with Wyatt Earp and then led to Jesse James and Billy the Kid. Anyhoo, this book is supposed to "set the record straight" and reveal the real Jesse James. I am looking forward to this read, and stepping out of fiction-land for a while and discovering what can lie in a real life of a real legend.


I'm not sure when I found this in the library catalog, but it was definitely this year. So, since my other holds are taking their time arriving, I decided to go for it with this one instead of letting it sit on my list like so many other books at the moment. This looks like a promising good read, so I hope I won't be disappointed with it. Part from the back cover:
"Nineteen-year-old Emma Bau has been married only three weeks when Nazi tanks thunder into her native Poland. Within days Emma's husband, Jacob, is forced to disappear underground, leaving her imprisoned within the city's decrepit, moldering Jewish ghetto. But then, in the dead of night, the resistance smuggles her out. Taken to Krakow to live with Jacob's Catholic cousin, Krysia, Emma takes on a new identity as Anna Lipowski, a gentile."


I found this while browsing amazon.com for pirate reads, and my library has it so I've gotten it. I am very fascinated by pirates, especially Blackbeard. This is actually the first book I am reading on him though. My interest started through various television specials on him and other pirates. This is also a biography read.

No comments: